Saturday, April 18, 2009

Caught mine AND your attention!!! :P




When I was a kid there was one pass time muse for me...especially when I was traveling...I would look out for shops with a name that caught my fancy...and also wonder what I'd name my own shop...

Haven't been at it for quite sometime now...but yesterday, as I was on my way back home from my sister's place...I saw this kutti mess kind of an eat out...it was called:

Mr. Idly, Mrs. Sambhar
(!!!!!!!)


Isn't that cute????!!!!!???? I thought it was...:))
There are other such names...like "Rendu Idly, Oru Vadai"

"Mummy Daddy"

"Hotel Caliphornia" (near Madurai!!!)
"Gay Travels" (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Kirtilal Kalidas or Kritilal Kalidas???
It was for a long long time, till a very embarrassing time, "Kritical Kalidas"(Pronounced: Critical Kalidas :P) I dunno why...but that's how I read it the first time I saw the board...and it stayed that way in my head till on fine day I mentioned the place (as Critical Kalidas!!!!) to someone, and that person after bein clueless fr sometime...went HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :| :D
It was very, VERY embarassing!!!!!! :P

Anyways...there are certain other names that put me off...like
"Mangal & Mangal" in Trichy
"Joy Alukkas" in everywhere :|
"Limes or Melons?" (a juice shop I dunno where)

"ChicKing"
"Jency Audios" (not Audio :|)
"Jyothik Pharmacy" (near ma house)


I dunno why these names put me off...but I jus cant pass by them without smirking!!! :D

So, if you know such funny, disgusting, crazy names of shops....you must lemme know!!!! :D

Pseudo-nerd loves the name "Mr.Idly, Mrs. Sambhar" :)

P.S. The one in the picture is by far the most hilarious name I ve seen on a restaurant!!!!! Just that I didnt see it in real life....came across it while searchin for a pic for this post!!! :D

17 comments:

Nikhil Menon said...

U have a thing for weird names for sure..!! Vagina Tandoori couldn't have left u idle,I ges.. :p

ROTFL at Kritical Kalidas.... :p:p :p :P

Nikhil

Aruna Iyer said...

Yeah, Menon...it sure didnt!!! ;D
and abt the Kritical Kalidas ting...well I used to keep wonderin why they wud name a place Critical and even smirk at their apparent choice of K over C :P

I know...:D

Arv said...

Mummy Daddy was one of the big shops before the age of super markets :)

I will find more to this collection...

there is a town called condom :P

the weird town names is another list to collect :P

Lancelot said...

lol aruna u shud check for the names of the tea stalls on ya way to ooty from kovai... 2 best ones are

ADENGAPPA TEA STALL
ITHUTHAANDA TEA STALL :P

Aruna Iyer said...

@Arv: Yeah....i remember Mummy Daddy bein a big place...my cousins in vadapalani kept talkin abt it...:D
And a town named CONDOM!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!! U ve got to be kiddin!!!! :D Where s it??? And yeah...we shud luk arnd fr funny names o places as well...!!!

Cheers!!!!! :D

Aruna Iyer said...

@Arun: Adengappa tea stall and Idhudhanda Tea stall??? ROTFL!!!!!! :D :D
SHIT...I went to Ooty recently...hw come i neva came across any o these brilliant names???? :((

anyways...its damn funny!!!! :DDD

Cheers!!!

Anya said...

definitely caught the attention...

would dine there some day

www.chronicwriter.com

Aruna Iyer said...

@Chris:
Haha sure!!

Lemme knw wat was touted to be the vagina tandoori special, yeah?? :p

livetimefe said...

Kritical Kalidas it seems. Damn.


Why didn't Iknow your weakness till now.


Anyways. I've started reading your blog, so yeah, you better update often woman, and better comment on mine and not be one hypocrite by saying no one reads the posts you like. bah.

I like ALL my posts and I get like 1 comment or 2 comments the most.

bah. So don't complain.

and you know the lancelot?

**sighs**

Small world

Aruna Iyer said...

@Valia: Hey thanks for blogrollin me!!! :D
Yeah...i do know "The" Lancelot!!! :D

Keep reading and I ve already commented on one o ur posts so shetaaaappp!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

There's also a place called sperm (men's clothing), and one place called GILMA (near kodambakam bridge)...if you didn't know, hehe!

Aruna Iyer said...

@ironmonkey: sperm and GIMLA????? ROTFL!!!! :D:D

U ve bin there??? ;D

Anonymous said...

Been to sperm, never went into gilma though ... there's also another place called midnight masala (at trustpuram / liberty... not sure where, or somewhere in between)

Aruna Iyer said...

Shit!!!! Midnight Masala!!!!!!!!!! how did I forget to mention that place!!!!!! :DDD Yeah...I ve seen it...I thnk their "patronage" has grown so much that they ve made some upgradation to their exteriors!!! :D

Aruna Iyer said...

And U ve bin to Sperm??? Hw s the stuff??? Gud/ok/sidey???

Anonymous said...

sperm, the store is good, the atmosphere is OK, and the manager said, that he always got this line "what a name / what's with the name, or some question about the name of the shop"...

the clothes are what I'd call semi casual or casual, and on the class scale - i'd give it a 4 or 5 out of 10!

Aruna Iyer said...

Hey...i like the sound o this place Sperm!!! ;D
Maybe the next time I need to go clothes shoppin for a guy I ll get some Spermy clothes fr him ;p :D