Sunday, November 29, 2009

Loving Strangers...


I was told not to talk to strangers all my school life...

I wonder why...
The best experiences in my life have involved complete strangers, who became so much part of my life for a while...
They came into my life waltzed through it and out of it, before I could blink...
Some took away a part of me, and from others I took a part away...

But I continue to dabble with them...strangers...
I ve no interest for those I have always known...
An element goes missing with them...
But the stranger has it...in plenty...

I should say I ve been lucky till now...touchwood...
Maybe anyone of my strangers could have landed me in deep troubles...
But they haven't...they ve been as harmless to me as I am to anyone...

But what will happen if some new stranger decides to be different from his predecessors? Will this thought be enough to scare me away from them?
Will I ever be scared of them?

I feel threatened by those who I know...
I cant be anything I want to be with these people...
They know me and know me well...

But with a stranger, I can be anyone...
Can't I?
I can remove the blemishes in my character...
Be someone new...be born again...

Why would I be scared of them...
My strangers...
I ve tried...hard...
But I cant and now,
I wont.

5 comments:

Soin said...

true true.but when people go and socialize with unknown people make us to be mad or a flirt.i love taking photos of random people and try and write a story for that picture..i guess being fascinated by humans rather than gadgets or numbers and theory makes sense..free

Nikhil Menon said...

Oh..Its amazing that even I have had this tryst with starngers..But a small difference being,most of these strangers I have met,have gone on to be with me in due course of time with a few EXCEPTIONS of course..

Anyways,that is indeed life and we accept it and move on.. :)

Ur writings,the past few posts have been really amazing.It connects a lot with me these days..

Love this blog! :)

Nikhil

Shivendra Singh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shivendra Singh said...

Beleive me... the day I born everybody was stranger to me... then I learned who is my Maa.. Paa.. Naani... then I dicovered who are my neigbours... and finally I decided who are my friends. I met many people, some remained in life journey as you said, and some gone... some left me behind... and some I left behind... but everybody was stranger at the very begining of the meet...!!!

We just know 0.000000001% percent of people in the world or may be less than that..., all other are STRANGERS... ;)

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

Its soo true.. is itnt the irony that sme of the most important ppl in our life were total strangers at one point of time..