Monday, November 23, 2009

Another vain triumph...



I moved my hand...

A swirl took place

In a wine glass...

A light spill...
That a tissue
Took care...

...While the space between
Expanded

And then, some more...

I played with a strand

That had escaped
But still stuck to me...

We looked and

Looked away

But

He dropped his eyes first...

All to my vain
Triumph...


I still held ground, for

I was the insulated one
I was the one who

Could or
wouldn't
Swirl the drink
That the wine glass

Of his life
Tempted me
With...

5 comments:

Nikhil Menon said...

Humble words..couldn't have been a better combination.. a vain triumph.. nice.. :)

Cheers,

Nikhil

Arv said...

good play with words...

take care da... cheers...

Aruna Iyer said...

@Nikhil: Thanks...and welcome back I guess... :)

Aruna Iyer said...

@Arv: Hey...long time...
Thanks!!! :D I wrote this in literally 5 mins...:D

Nikhil Menon said...

Yeah.. I am back..sorry I as out all this while..But I read all of them,the ones I missed out..Feels good aruna.. :)

Nikhil