Saturday, July 11, 2009

Why wasn't I one, too?


I ve always wanted to be a guy in my heart o hearts...

When I was a kid...it was because they could be outside longer than me...


When I started puberty...it was because they could still wear anythng...I couldnt...


When I started making frends from their side, nobody told them they cudnt stand on a road talking with a girl...because they told me that...

I had to be bothered what other people thought about me...which was most obviously a reflection on my family's reputation...well they only had to stay away from the police stations...if possible, that is...

They could flirt with any number of women...jus would be called a playboy...which finally became a cool tag to have...if I were to have done it...i'd have been called a slut...which is still not a very cool tag...


I had to take care not to be taken advantage of by them guys...why wasnt or why couldnt it have been the other way around?

They can:
#Smoke
#Drink

#Do drugs
#Or all o the above...
And guess what? Parents are mostly quite aware that their sons arent beyond these things...but still they go scotfree... If I were to do any o it? I'll have to take ten thousand precautions to ensure my parents dont come to know...am not spotted by a mama or a perima...or an elder cousin...who will of course, be a guy!!!

Night stays...trips out o city?
No problem, guys. Night stays...? Do you have to, girls? Trips out o city....? Forget it, girls.
Guys can nowadays just take their girls home...introduce them to their parents...the girl is always the frst to be introduced... Well, women are still catchin up...sorry we're centuries late...

I could go on piling up such disparities...I dont want to... I jus want to say, I WISH I WAS A GUY!!!!

Pseudo-nerd talkin...

7 comments:

Arv said...

Please... as such there is a shortage of sweet gals in this world... dont reduce the count...

take care :)

Aruna Iyer said...

Haha I couldnt reduce the count o us sweet gurls even if I wanted to can I, now? :)

Anonymous said...

why suddenly goin tomboy ? :D

Aruna Iyer said...

@ironmonkey: not suddenly...didnt u read the frst line? I ve ALWAYS was like that...jus goin tomboy...never quite becoming or bein one...:D

Hey I read that vetty blog o urs...i think its hilarious!!! :D :D

*Clap Clap*

Anonymous said...

there's lots in common between us, perhaps, if you were a boy, we'll have been brothers from another mother ;)

BTW, I never wanted to be a girl, lawlz!

Keep reading my blog, it's good for your health :)

Aruna Iyer said...

@ironmonkey: U know wat? at the same time, I have conflicting reactions to that comment o urs...i dunno if I have to feel happy u think there s a lot common in us that we cud actually pass off as "brothers from another mother"
or,
be irritated by ur "lawlz" at the end of "Btw I never wanted to be a girl"!!!!

And ur blog...that's an entirely different reaction in me!!! :)

Anonymous said...

the contra-statement was made to tell you we're not 100 % the same :D

so i don't think that will warrant you to be irritated, cuz nobody and nothing's 100% in the real world ;)