Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dying to meet Death


Hands from the pitch dark
Called her forward;
coaxed her on...

Whispers in her ears...

Just one more...Just one more
They seemed to chorus softly...

She left the voices behind...

Not knowing she was taking an
Irreversible step forward...
Just one more...Just one more...
The hands still beckoned...

Entering darker darkness
She left behind her shadow too

Her sole companion, thus far...

Don't stop...Just a little more...

That voice egged her on...


Down she fell that hollow duct...
The air around her making way...
Caressing her one last time

Before the waiting ground took her on...


The life within
thrown out
In that bloody spurt of first injury...

She died...a Death
Entirely ordained by Fate.

8 comments:

Nikhil Menon said...

both U and I think DEATH at the same time.. :D

Nikihl

Aruna Iyer said...

Why were u thinking of death?

Thoorika said...

DARK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

As usual, I barely understood... but I hope I will understand englipis someday, and death is scary... so don't try anything stupid

Aruna Iyer said...

@thoorika: Thanks...I dunno...maybe u re wondering too...I cant seem to write anythng but dark stuff...
Makes me feel weird in a way..:s

Aruna Iyer said...

@ironmonkey: he he...this is fictional...not my feeling on anythng here...so I do agree with u wen u say death is scary and am definitely not doin anythn stupid :D

And abt u not getting what it means...or barely understanding this post...that s plain bullshit!!! And u knw it!!! :D

Arv said...

for some of us, its easier to write about dark subjects...

for some, the very thought of it is scary...

Death is just the beginning :)

and I felt that the protagonist here also was at ease with her death...

nice one... dark and lovely :)

take care da... cheers..

Aruna Iyer said...

@Arvind: You re right...for some its very easy to write dark stuff..and for others...it mite be something that probably didnt even cross their minds..

Im just wondering how I made the transition from being the latter to the former...

Am glad u liked it..:)