Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ogden Nash....did u have me in mind?


Disclaimer: This post is not meant to offend any dentist or dentist lovers who may or may not read this post. It is a mere expression of my personal feelings of dread when I think abt a dentist.

The most dreaded clique among Doctors must be the Dentists...why am I being bothered? Well, today evening I ve a surgery...no...an EXTRACTION!!!!! Courtesy: My "Wisdom" tooth. :|
The past two days have been painful...being pounded by a fierce pain near your ear everytime you swallowed is not a pleasant experience I'd wish on a lot o people...:( It just MAKES u realise how many times in a day the human body needs to swallow.

It is a painfully frequent activity...So I go to the doctor...NOT the dentist!!!
He upon examining me tells me there may be some "wear and tear"(!!!!!!!!!!!) in my jaw bone's joints...near the left ear...I may have to take an MRI scan which will suggest if or not I needed an immediate dental plus ENT procedure...in other words...a surgery!!

Freaked out as I was, considering the images that my evil,
evil mind brought up for my "benefit", my dad wanted to go for a second opinion. So off we went to the dreaded den...the Dentist's clinic. There, it was proclaimed that my problem was not one of wear and tear but, of a vestigial growth for some weird reason called "wisdom" tooth. I wouldn't need a surgery on my poor (intact :|) jaw.

I would just need a small tooth extraction...Horror welling up in me, I asked the Dentist, "Will I HAVE to get it removed? Cant I jus live with an extra tooth?" He said, "Unless you'd want to keep visiting me every once in 2 months with a pain that will only intensify each time". Here, I would like to quote Ogden Nash:


"And you totter to your feet and think, Well it's over now and after all it was only this once,

And he says come back in three monce.

And this O Fate, is I think the most vicious that thou ever sentest,

That Man has to go continually to the dentist to keep his teeth in good condition

When the chief reason he wants his teeth to be in good condition is so that he won't have to go the dentist "

Dear Ogden Nash, definitely you and me are soul mates when it comes to those DENTISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :((

Pseudo-nerd doesnt want her mouth to be violated!!! :(((


14 comments:

Thoorika said...

Lolz!! Hwz u now?! I know it hurts a lot!! Never experienced it though!! Hav seen my mom undergo the same tooth extraction and struggle in pain !!!

Arv said...

waaaaaahhhhh :(

hope you are better now da...

pls do take care...

hugsssssss

Anonymous said...

ironmonkey, same pinch aruna

perhaps, aries got a bad time...

iam also abt to head to the hospital for a surgery tomorrow !

Gladiator: We're just shadows and dust !

Nikhil Menon said...

am having pizza for tonight.. :) want a bite??

All ze bestt!! :D

Nikhil

Aruna Iyer said...

@Thoorika: hey...it hurt a lot a couple o days bak...but its completely alrite now....infact the process by itself was over in a couple o minutes!!! :)

Aruna Iyer said...

@Arv: Hey am like a LOTTTTTTTTT better nowww, thanks!!! :))

Aruna Iyer said...

@ironmonkey: hey u too had a surgery recently??? :((
how u doin nw??? am doin pretty okay now...:)
Get well soon okay? :)

Aruna Iyer said...

@Nikhil: u re d only one who s said somethin mean here...but ill excuse u for all the concern u showed otherwise...:|
:)

Anonymous said...

well, actually my surgery's been postponed to Tuesday... so, iam not so well, and shivering :-S

Aruna Iyer said...

@ironmonkey: ohhhhh...tuesday ku postpone pannitaangala??? okay...gud luck, then! Get well soon...btw, are u in the hospital? or at home? hw come u re online if u re not well?

Elithraniel Arawion said...

mouth to be violated? hahahahahaha i think of other ways you wud want it to be violated :P

ok don't curse me

how's u

Anonymous said...

ima bit scared, and its not a major surgery... some RFID planting experiment on my body, lol !

Aruna Iyer said...

@Anusha: Right when I wrote that line itself I thought U'd be the first one to say somethng totally perv abt it!!! :D
Good! Keep it up. :DD

And as far as my tooth is concerned am doin gud...all pain gone! :)

Aruna Iyer said...

@ironmonkey: hey..is that RFID dun with experimentin on ur body? How re u now???

Psst...what is RFID??? :((