Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A new me looking back at the old me...


Change is the only thing that is ever constant in life....however cliched that might sound, it is the truth and that's why it has become a cliche...ohhh...what a vicious circle!! :P
Anyways...now at the brink of finishing college, with days flying by in a flurry of activity and me setting the stage for the next level in my life, I thought now is as good a time as any for some introspection...so here goes...
Things that have changed in me...without me noticing:
I am no longer that dynamite that exploded every time there was the tiniest room for reaction...

Relationships don't last....only you do...be it be friends, family...and that romance was a complete waste of time!

I seem to be taking note of other people's criticism of me...the old me would have phoophooed it with a look of indifference...

I think before acting nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is an ACHIEVEMENT for me...the old me could never imagine thinking any time
before doing anything!!!

I have shown everyone around me that I made a right decision by taking up Journalism over that goddamned engineering!!!!!!!!

I have broadened my horizon soooooooooo much...the old me didnt even bother looking outside
Chennai for her undergraduation...!!!

I have learnt to keep my opinion to myself on many thnings...but I have to agree...I cant help muttering under my breath...I used to yell my opinions right back at the person...

I read the newspaper now...I no longer fall asleep over it!!!!!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))

I am able to keep myself happy most of the times with my own company...learning to face lonliness...the biggest challenge for the old me...

I have learnt to be more tolerant of people...a lot more work is required in that direction though...:P

I have the CONFIDENCE of my parents...something the old me thought was never to be hers!!!!!!! And guess what? I love it!!!!!!!!

I dont lie anymore....I actually tell the truth...i seem to have forgotten how to lie!!!!!!! WHOA!!!!!!!!! I used to lie at the drop of a hat!!!!!!!

I have somehow become the support pillar for my mother my father and even my sister, with whom the old me never ever got along!!!!!!! I now add a mature value to their lives...they actually listen to my opinion!!!!!!!!

The old me was willing to sacrifice her life s ambition, career, family and what not for one guy...but today, I can safely call myself as one of the most driven and ambitious in big huge circle!!!

The old me wanted to be rich...but by marrying a rich guy!! HAHA!!! the new me still wants to be rich...but by her own making!!!! She cant stand the idea of being financially dependent on someone...especially a guy!!!!!!!!!


So...that was just a few of the changes that I have now bothered to type out...there are several more character metamorphosis that I have been through...thanks to the few people around me I call friends and the huge lot of shit GOD threw my way over the past 3 years...
In going thru all that I have emerged a stronger person and there...the mission of GOD has been accomplished...

I still dont know if I am comfortable with this new me...definitely everyone else around me seem to be...maybe I miss the old unabashed me...the brazen words and the attitude throwing....the bitch who many people knew stands now in the garb of a semi-angel...and funnily, the bitch is the most surprised of them all!!!! :D

Pseudo-nerd feels weird with all the introspection crap ;P

7 comments:

Nikhil Menon said...

Hey,first time in here..And the thing about introspection is rocking..Nice observations of the life that was.. :)

Good one!!

am blogrollin ya..

cheers.. :)

Nikhil

Arv said...

Ahhh... so I see that you have hit this stage... :)

its usual for all of us... just that it happens at various stages for each of us...

take care... cheers...

Aruna Iyer said...

@Nikhil: hey hi! thanks for findin my self introspection worth reading! :D keep visiting....i write okay stuff on nd off! :P

@Arv: agreed that this change in character happens at different stages...wen did u realise yours though? Jus curious! :)
And hey thanks for reading my blog!

Rash said...

Nice!
ALl true madam :)
Good for u! These changes are for the better! Ur a terrific person! :)

Aruna Iyer said...

@rashmi: thank u!!!! :)))

ThinkAloud. said...

i like u the way you are :))

Aruna Iyer said...

@ MEANIE:awwww...:)) I owe it to u meanie...at least a part o it!! :)