Thursday, October 2, 2008

You're Obese....Haha!!!!


Not a very "the glass is half empty" type...but truth be told, I've had a bad year so far. And how? My weighing machine has turned into this unforgiving time bomb which is slowly but steadily ticking away...just in my case its on d move fwd!!

Control over food and lifestyle is essential not only for a healthy life, but also so that you don't have to face the embarrassing questions old and new friends/acquaintances; family..or in my case, random people ask and of, course, their unending stream of pokes at you and your bloating body!

For samplers, I go to The Park Hotel on a gourmet reporting assignment that was shoved my way at the last minute. For writing a gourmet report, one NEEDS to taste the food...no, ALL the food there!!! So at the end of the main course, (when dessert s on its way) my photographer for the day, some random guy till 2 days ago, comes to me and says (in very conversational tones, mind you!) "They should be sending LEAN people for such assignments (read: you are fat and should hence stay away from such good food) + the looks that accompany a veiled insult...

At another time: I'm scripting for a short film being done by my friend's friends....now all of us know each other very well and share a good comfort level at most of the times....it get uncomfortable only when they get too comfortable with the idea that I am a sport and will take any amount of shit flung my way! They tell me stuff like "Try and fit yourself into a single chair if possible" or "You'll never have to worry about accidents- the intruding vehicle will simply bounce off you!"....they find it all very hilarious alright....but what about me who is at the butt of most of their pathetic lame jokes?

There have been a couple of times when I've lost it with them and stood up for myself, breaking my "I'm a sport" shield. But guess what? That bounced off them and they still continue unabated...(!!!!!)

The idea of this post is not to crib and give a vent to my frustrations with how the obese me is being treated...this is to give voice to the feelings of 1000s of other fat people who may be going thru similar or maybe even worse situations in their daily lives...

Through this post I want to question all thin people who take immense pleasure in poking fun at people like me...I have a big list of them:

1)Why do you have to be so proud of having some gene in you that keeps you thin? YOU DID NOTHING TO DESERVE IT!!!!

2)Do you ever think of someone's sportiveness as something that has unlimited tolerance? NO!!! Its like elastic and you re just asking for it to snap on your hand...but all the same...it'll probably shock you for a moment, then what is left is just your normal self and a damaged, good for nothing piece which was once elastic with life.

3)Do you think fat people like being that way and think all your jokes on them are actually compliments? You guys have no clue what kind of beating, constant crap about their body from people they consider friends, their confidence can take...

4)Why can't you see beyond the physical? Simply coz you re retarded!!

5)Is your ability to make others around you laugh so sub zero, that U need to use some poor person as your material? I underline the word PERSON!

6)This is not a question, just a plain yet vehement statement: GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Pseudo nerd feels bad :(

3 comments:

ThinkAloud. said...

i seriously think people should get a life!its so true!

Vimal said...

ooh ooh ooh!!! I want that gourmet reporting job!!!

Aruna Iyer said...

LOL!!! I dunno why but i jus seem to have noticed ur comment, Vimal! :p
Sorry!
And abt d gourmet reporter's job u re coveting...its not all tat gr8! It kinda embarrasses u wen u dunno what u re eating half time!!! :D